Friday, March 31, 2006

For my father



Today is my father's 5th death anniversary. There is nothing that I can do except miss him, love him and keep the momories in my heart. The least thing that I can do now is add this post especially for him. So, this is dedicated to my late father.

I remeber the time when my father came home from his office and knowing that I am love chocolate, he'd bring home chocolates to which my mother always complaint but never stoped him, lol, always manage to bring smile to my face. Of course, there were times when I am mad at him, too lol.....but that's life.

Something strange happened to my father a week before we got the dreadful news. A week before, my father used to say, "A paticular Bible verse keeps on running in my mind". Hearing this, my other family members fest a bit uneasy and they were proved right because, after that week, we took our father to a doctor and after 2 the doctor gave us the sad news.

My father was taken immediately to Guwahati where he went through a radiotherapy, but that therapy was a bit too strong that we could take it only upto 10 and my uncle (my father's only brother) and my cousin brother kahd to helped him to lye down at the end to have that therapy. I remember that I hated anyone who'd say 'There is no hope', I secretly used to curse them and hated them but they were just bing realistic.

I am proud to say that my father won the "Book of the Year" award for his book 'Chawngmawii leh Hrangchhuana', a Mizo folk tale or shall I say the story behind Mercury and Venus. Currently, his book for Medicinal Plants is in the top 20...I d0n't know if he's going to win this too but its good enough to know that it is in the top 20 category. He worked so hard for these 2 books.

One of the most important thing that my father taught us was that "Everyone has a good side, always look at the good side of another person. " Then he's take Osama as an example, how his followers are so fatihful to him and that he could be a very loving father for his family. Sometimes, we complain about his drivers, staff etc but he'd always reminded us how fatihful he/she is..etc, he could never see the negative side af any person. That makes him a very woderful father.

The Bible verse that kept on running inside my father's mind:

Don't be afraid of the things which you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested; and you will have oppression for ten days. Be faithful to death, and I will give you the crown of life.

(Revelation 2:10)

No comments:

Mizo books and authors in Amazon part II

7 The Mizo Society: Continuity And Change     Authors:   J Zorema &  B Lalrinchhana MRP: Rs ...