Friday, May 06, 2011

The Manali Holiday

Gee...I can't believe that this is my first post this year...gosh, I had been so lazy. Well, this trip that I am to talked about also happened last month *GRIN*.

Besides its beauty, the things I notices about Manali are:

1. The air is very clear, fresh and clean. In short, still very unpolluted

2. All shops including the fruit vendor ensured that they use paper bag instead of poly bag ( This doesn't meant that I am an environmentalist..heh)

3. The people are very good. A very simple example: the auto rickshaw drivers are not there to cheat you. (We reached Delhi in the morning and the auto driver tried to take an extra night charge..whew). I guess the weather greatly affect the people.

4. Tea/Coffee are really really good

I am not going to say much but let the pictures do the talking:

As I've never seen a snow in real life, we got really excited with the first clear view of snow on the hills.


We reached Manali in the morning and this is where we enjoyed our tea and bread-omlette



The Yak ride...I mean photo session with yaks. :)
  

In a Manali traditional dress; it's really warm, and a photo session with the sheep



This is a cherry tree (quite different from Farmville Cherry tree *GRIN*


We were advised to take only a small thin sweater with us as summer has started. Well, we ended up wearing this big furry jacket and bought a new one for ourselves. 


Snow water......seems to be very fresh but freezing cold 


A Manali woman. I have noticed that the women worked really hard but this lady is all smile for the camera


That's all for now. Next will be an update about the skiing trip

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nia i post chang-khat lutuk a, i blog pawh kan theihnghilh trep :-P
Google reader ah alo lut hlauh :-)

A nawm hmel khawp mai. Sikkim vel te nen pawn a inang viau ang a ? Beram sa an ei nasa em ? Apple pawh a tui an tih kha.Ka la kal lova ka kal chakna ram tak ani.

ZEF ( Mizoram ) pawn, Orphanage Home an neih tak kha!

Jerusha said...

I Manali zin chu pangpar leh sava lamah hlawkpuina nasa tak I neih ka beisei LOL

Almostunreal said...

@Seki: a lo thatchhiat theih khop mai...a nuam khawwppp mai...chen mai te poh a chakom lom

kel sa lam hi an ei nasat hmel

@unaunu: credit hi i in pe sang mah2....lolzzzzz

Alejendro said...

Summer ah pawh khi ti a nih chuan... December ah zin ka lo tum ve a sin.. vawt viau ang a...

Harjeet Kaur said...

Your blogs give a view that you have enjoyed your holiday in Manali a lot. Manali is no doubt a beautiful place to explore and and enjoy the vacation. I also had been there through http://www.manalihotels.net and they had provided me good packages. One should go and enjoy the vacation in Manali.

Almostunreal said...

Thanks Astro...I know I have been a bit lazy these days....thanks for the compliment

Michael Sheen said...

Thanks for sharing these excellent ideas. I have got a lot of new things from your ideas.
cheap flights Karachi to Singapore

P Kumari said...

You can mix activities too, so be adventurous in what you choose to do and where you choose to venture. Remember that you can get involved with couple tour package deals for Manali and resort deals that can send you different attractions doing different things, so don't hold back by reasoning you must go and stay at one attraction. Visit different places in Himachal. You have boundless choices.

Mizo books and authors in Amazon part II

7 The Mizo Society: Continuity And Change     Authors:   J Zorema &  B Lalrinchhana MRP: Rs ...