Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Memories of my father


Momories of my father lingers. I don't know what got into me these days but I missed my father so much, all I could do is think of him, no matter what I do. He is my last thought when i fall asleep and the first one to pop up in my mind when I woke up. If I have one wish, I will wish for my father back, even if that wish will last only for a minute, there are so many things that I need to tell and I know that he will listen to each and every of my story, so to say, with patience and would encourage me when I feel that I am falling apart.

I remember the day when cancer took my father's life away. It was 31st March, 2001, 3:30pm, I was holding his hand and called him over and over, but then I took my hand away, not daring to feel life going out from my father, not daring to feel his warm hands going cold. I remeber how he looked at us before he went away, looking at my mother then his children, knowing that his time had come. I miss my father. Though I've never told him while he was alive, but he is the best Dad and I love him with all my heart.

2 comments:

Jerusha said...

Awi, B, I ziak tha lutuk, ka rilru khawih tawp!

Anonymous said...

I happened to read this blog posting yesterday i.e. 21st February (on my dad’s birthday)
I am so sorry Biteii… May god bless u and protect u..
The write up has touched me deeply.. My dad decided to go for a movie with all of us since it was his birthday.. I had to politely turn down his offer since I had some work to be completed.. After I finished reading.. I felt, I cud have made it with him, if I cud organize myself better.. coz such precious moments cud be the ones we cherish later in life…

In the last part of the write up u have mentioned.. that u never told him how much u missed him at times when he was alive.. This is a drawback found specially among most of the Asian community.. Let it be wot ever reasons.. Lets not investigate or discuss that part.. But I am sure that most of us will agree that we must tell our parents or children or our loved ones openly.. HOW MUCH WE LOVE THEM.. So.. lets all decide to go in for a change and renew ourselves.. Make it a point to tell them once in a while at least.. How much we LOVE them….. Thanx Biteii…

Gud Day……….

Mizo books and authors in Amazon part II

7 The Mizo Society: Continuity And Change     Authors:   J Zorema &  B Lalrinchhana MRP: Rs ...